Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

At 46? Eight 46???

So there I am Amsterdam airport, and I am trying to get a train to my hotel in Rijswijk. Time is 7.16. I ask the dude at the information desk and he says that there is a train to Rijswijk, 8.46. Ugh. Long wait. So I am pottering about when I decide I should ask if it’s a direct train or not. So off I toddle off (time stamp is 7.35) to the information dude again, to check. And he says no, I need to change at Den Haag HS at 8.33, and that if I don’t hurry I am going to miss my train. And then realization dawns on me. Not Rijswijk 8.46, Rijswijk AT 46 (7.46)!!!!! Had to sprint down some escalators, and made it in time. But honestly. How did I ever make a mess of that :S.

And its not the only train problem I had. On my way to the airport, I am stuck again Den Haag HS, I am on a direct train and listening to my mp3 player. The train stopped for a while, and eventually I twig theres a lot of people with suitcases going off (despite this not being the airport station)....And then, through Californication, I realize theres also an announcement being played out repeatedly. Yup, you are right – there was a problem with the train schedule so I needed to change trains. Yours truly had to jump off quite snappishly. So yes. Not the best train weekends for me. Maybe next time I should consider sitting next to really old people – the kind who ask everyone at every station which station it is and whether they should get off. Might help.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?